Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A moist and delicious side dish!
Make and share this Scalloped Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup buttery round cracker, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch casserole dish.
- In small frying pan, saute onion, green pepper, and celery in butter or margarine and vegetable oil. Saute until tender. Remove from oil.
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine cream style corn, niblets corn, egg and cheese.
- Mix onion/celery mixture into the corn mixture.
- Spread into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes.