Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great side dish to almost any main meal! If you don't have Moneterey Jack cheese, you can use another kind. This uses a 2 1/2-qt casserole dish.
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 295.73 ml milk
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 354.88 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 118.29 ml Ritz cracker crumbs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter with the onion.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir to make a paste. Gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add shredded cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- In a 2 1/2-qt casserole dish, add the thawed corn and cooked drained broccoli.
- Toss to blend.
- Pour cheese over broccoli mixture.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I used a mix of broccoli and cauliflower (fresh), since I had less broccoli than I thought. Oh, and breadcrumbs rather than Ritz Crackers, for the same reason, although I really like the idea of the crackers. Lovely cheesy casserole, really liked the addition of the corn. Vicky, I prepared this in loving memory of you, a good friend, gone too soon.
Great side dish. DD (3) loved this. But then again what is not to love cheesy buttery broccoli and corn to boot. Very simple and tasty.