Recipe by VickyJ
This is a great side dish to almost any main meal! If you don't have Moneterey Jack cheese, you can use another kind. This uses a 2 1/2-qt casserole dish.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I used a mix of broccoli and cauliflower (fresh), since I had less broccoli than I thought. Oh, and breadcrumbs rather than Ritz Crackers, for the same reason, although I really like the idea of the crackers. Lovely cheesy casserole, really liked the addition of the corn. Vicky, I prepared this in loving memory of you, a good friend, gone too soon.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter with the onion.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir to make a paste. Gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add shredded cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- In a 2 1/2-qt casserole dish, add the thawed corn and cooked drained broccoli.
- Toss to blend.
- Pour cheese over broccoli mixture.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.