Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This corn dish has a creamy, custard-like consistency. It's a nice change from the same old thing.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk (1 1/3c.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese or 3⁄4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1⁄4 cup gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" pie plate or an 8" quiche dish; set aside.
- Cook corn according to package directions; drain well.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine drained corn, beaten eggs, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the 3/4c cheese.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pie plate or quiche dish.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter; stir in the 1/4c cheese.
- Spread over corn mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.