This corn dish has a creamy, custard-like consistency. It's a nice change from the same old thing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk (1 1/3c.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese or 3/4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice)
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1/4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9" pie plate or an 8" quiche dish; set aside.
- 3Cook corn according to package directions; drain well.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl combine drained corn, beaten eggs, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in the 3/4c cheese.
- 6Transfer mixture to prepared pie plate or quiche dish.
- 7In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter; stir in the 1/4c cheese.
- 8Spread over corn mixture.
- 9Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Corn Bake
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g