Recipe by Dienia B.
From a hand written cookbook from 1930s from Neligh Ne. They used a number 2 can of creamed corn.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 21 ounces creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 lb pork sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter; saute green pepper and onion.
- Add milk, salt and pepper, and number 2 can of creamed corn.
- Add cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole.
- Shape pork sausage into 6 patties.
- Brown in a heavy skillet; discard fat.
- Place patties on top of corn mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.