Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A family favorite, handed down from grandmother, to my mother to me. Terribly easy and a fabulous side dish for a Thanksgiving dinner. Oysters can be left out, but honestly it isn't as good. :)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Mix butter, flour, sugar and salt with fork in a large bowl until blended.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Stir in corn and milk.
- Stir in oysters.
- Pour into dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir again and continue baking until golden and an inserted knife comes out clean.
Petal_Pens, This was so good. It reminded me of grandma Clutter's Corn and Oysters she used to make in the '70's. I used smoked oysters in a can that were a bit overwhelming but it was still good. I will cut the sugar a little as I found it a bit sweet for my taste. I may have rounded the tablespoons too much. Thank you for the memory.