Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from old hand written school book from 30s it calls for 1 can of corn but cans held more corn back then so im adding a creamed corn and an option of a egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, dont drain
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, soft
- 1 egg (optional)
- mix crumbs and butter.
- place 1/4 of them in buttered baking dish(which i would spray with pam also).
- mix up corns milk seasoning and egg if you wish.
- add 1/2 corn mixture
- add 1/4 of crumbs
- rest of corn mixture.
- finally the remainder of the crumbs.
- bake 20 to 30 minutes until knife in center comes out clean( other recipes have 40 minutes at 350 degrees ).