Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from my Aunt Thelma, who used to make whenever we visited, because she knew I liked it. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for bigger crowds.
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine first three ingredients and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into buttered or sprayed casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Easy to make. I made a few adaptions. To reduce dryness and saltiness I switched town house crackers for the saltines and delted the extra cheese on top. Made it for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it. Family wants me to bring it again for our Christmas dinner