Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom made this every year for the holidays so it is a real comfort for our family
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 20 saltines, crushed in your hand about
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese (we use sharp)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- smear a 2qt baking dish with half of the butter.
- pour one can creamed corn and cover with half of the saltines and cheese.
- pour other can of creamed corn on top plus saltines then the cheese dot with remaining butter.
- pour milk around the top and bake until cheese is bubbly and a little brown about 15-20 min.
A tasty and very easy dish to make. I changed the servings from 4 to 2 and it was the perfect amount for us. Not quite the recipe I was looking for but good.
It's a really good recipe but I still can't duplicate my Dutch Grandmother's recipe. I'm going to call her and get it and then I will post it. This is really good though. although I added more corn and I used half and half and added a little bit more.
My husband has had me searching for years for a replica of his mother's scalloped corn. I tried this for our Thanksgiving Dinner this year. It isn't the same as his mother's recipe, however it was enjoyed immensely!