This is good, definitley a different twist on just plain ole corn.
Make and share this Scalloped Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350³F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in butter, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in corn and egg.
- Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- Mix cornflakes and 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle over corn mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set.