Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Going through my old recipe files, I came across this recipe for a delicious chicken spaghetti. Cooking time does not include noodles and chicken.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (about 1/4 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes (canned)
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 -9 ounces spaghetti, noodes (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (buttered)
- 1 dash paprika
- Heat butter and add onions, garlic and mushrooms - cook about 10 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Add flour and stir until blended; slowly add stock and stir over low heat until thick and smooth; season to taste.
- Add chicken, tomatoes & cheese. Arrange chicken mixture and cooked spaghetti noodles in layers in a greased casserole. Top with buttered crumbs and a dash of paprika.
- Bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees F) about 25 minutes or until browned.
Lovely dish and very easily prepared, comfort food without a doubt!!! I did choose to use farfalle rather than spaghetti, personal choice. Very much enjoyed, thank you, Nancy, made for PRMR tag game