Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole is a great way to use leftover chicken. It can also be made with turkey.
- 4 cups sliced raw potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken gravy
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- buttered soft breadcrumbs
- Cook potatoes and celery in a small amount of salted water till tender.
- Mix chicken and gravy then season with salt pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 mins.
Nice hearty supper. Might mix in some veggies next time to make it an all in one recipe. This time I used canned potatoes to save some time and a step. Used seasoned breadcrumbs. Turned out well.