Kay Demonbren's Note:
a Betty Crocker recipe. Sometimes casseroles make me a little squeamish, but I decided to give this one a try. Yummmm! It's hearty without being heavy, and the flavors are great together. Very little effort, too! Ooh, and did I mention it makes "leftovers"? Yea leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 7/8 ounce) box scalloped potatoes mix
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup half-and-half (I used heavy cream) or 3/4 cup whole milk (I used heavy cream)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used boneless skinless thighs, they came out very tender)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (I used dried)
- 1Heat oven to 450°F.
- 2In ungreased 2-quart casserole dish, mix uncooked potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half and half, chicken, peas and mushrooms.
- 3Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once (I did not stir), until potatoes are tender.
- 4In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- 5Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer, or until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Chicken and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 861.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 35.9 g