Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
a Betty Crocker recipe. Sometimes casseroles make me a little squeamish, but I decided to give this one a try. Yummmm! It's hearty without being heavy, and the flavors are great together. Very little effort, too! Ooh, and did I mention it makes "leftovers"? Yea leftovers!
- 1 (4 7/8 ounce) box scalloped potatoes mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (I used heavy cream) or 3⁄4 cup whole milk (I used heavy cream)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used boneless skinless thighs, they came out very tender)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (8 ounce) jarsliced button mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (I used dried)
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In ungreased 2-quart casserole dish, mix uncooked potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half and half, chicken, peas and mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once (I did not stir), until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer, or until light golden brown.
I used sour cream and chives potatoes and added quite a bit of salt. Yummy and quick.