Recipe by mommyoffour
This is one of those meals you make when time is tight and you are willing to take help from a box. I don't make this often but when I do my kids go crazy for it, and they get their veggies in too. It really is good and easy prep which to me is a big plus.
Top Review by gabbysowner
Very good, did not put it in the oven because it is hot here today and didn't want to heat up the kitchen. After I added the sauce packet and chicken I simmered it for about 10 minutes. Thanks for an easy supper.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) pasta roni shell macaroni and white cheddar cheese mix
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In 3qt. saucepan, combine 2 1/4 cups water and 2 T. margarine.
- Bring to boil and stir in pasta and frozen vegetables.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring frequently, 12 to 14 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Add special seasoning pkt, milk and chicken.
- Continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 T. margarine in small saucepan, stir in bread crumbs.
- Transfer pasta mixture to 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned and edges are bubbly.