Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of those meals you make when time is tight and you are willing to take help from a box. I don't make this often but when I do my kids go crazy for it, and they get their veggies in too. It really is good and easy prep which to me is a big plus.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) pasta roni shell macaroni and white cheddar cheese mix
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In 3qt. saucepan, combine 2 1/4 cups water and 2 T. margarine.
- Bring to boil and stir in pasta and frozen vegetables.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring frequently, 12 to 14 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Add special seasoning pkt, milk and chicken.
- Continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 T. margarine in small saucepan, stir in bread crumbs.
- Transfer pasta mixture to 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned and edges are bubbly.
Very good, did not put it in the oven because it is hot here today and didn't want to heat up the kitchen. After I added the sauce packet and chicken I simmered it for about 10 minutes. Thanks for an easy supper.
This is good!! I was not sure how it was going to work by not draining the pasta, and it seemed a little runny after adding the milk, but after baking it turned out great! Even better the second day!! Thanks for sharing!