Recipe by Canadian Jane
A fancy twist on carrots!!! Even the pickiest eaters will love this.
Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
Glad to see this is already here! Had this at my mom's house over Christmas; she made it with an additional 3 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms and a tsp. of mixed dried basil, thyme, and oregano. To DIE for!!! The mushrooms add an awesome third dimension to the flavour!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 12 medium carrots, sliced and cooked
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter. Stir in flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and gradually add milk.
- Return to heat, bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Alternate carrots, cheese and sauce in a casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.