Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom made this when I was a kid in the late 60's/early 70's, it's an easy way to cook cabbage & very tasty too!
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, sections slightly separated
- 6 -12 saltine crackers
- 2 -4 teaspoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 -2 cup milk
- cook cabbage in boiling water, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- place a layer of cabbage leaves in a pyrex dish.
- sprinkle with crushed saltine crackers.
- dot with butter.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- repeat layers.
- cover with milk.
- bake covered, 30 - 35 minutes @ 350°F.