Recipe by True Texas
This recipe was passed on to my mom from one of the ladies at her church. Sound very good to me, but haven't tried it yet.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I love finding new things to do with cabbage. I steamed the cabbage for a few minutes before proceeding with the recipe. I used real butter in place of margarine. It was very good and cheesy. I think next time I would add some onions or garlic and maybe a bit of cayenne pepper. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Club crackers, 1 pkg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cabbage into bite size pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Add cold water and salt.
- Melt 1/2 stick margarine. Add milk and flour and stir until creamy.
- Add cheese. Heat until cheese is melting. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Put cabbage in a 9x13 dish. Add salt and pepper. Pour cheese sauce over cabbage.
- Crush 1 pkg of Club crackers until firm. Melt 1 stick margarine and pour over crackers. Mix well. Sprinkle over cabbage.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is brown.