Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A whole new way to look at cabbage. The cracker crumbs and the black pepper really jazz this dich up You can lessen the heat by using only a 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped About 3 lbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cook chopped cabbage (not to done).
- Mix milk and butter in saucepan, when boiling add flour and wisk.
- Stir in Miricle Whip until smooth.
- Drain cabbage well and place in casserole dish, pour white sauce over cabbage.
- Crush crackers and brown in butter.
- Place crackers on top of cabbage and bake 350 for 1 hour.