Recipe by LAURIE
This is a slight variation on the traditional hard boiled egg casserole has a crunchy, crusty top. Found this one to use up those left over Easter eggs, from the cookbook, Best of Friends.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips (or do what I did and clean out all those 1/2 empty bags still stuffed in the drawer, I used Cheetos,)
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in butter in medium skillet, until transparent but do not brown.
- Stir in the flour and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the cheese and dry mustard, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Divide the egg slices evenly in a buttered 10x6 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with 1/2 of cheese sauce, 1/2 of crunched chips and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.