1/7 Photos of Scalloped Asparagus
From the Junior League of North Harris County TX - this is terrific!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and clean asparagus, discarding tough ends and removing scales. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes, until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan until melted. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes until thick.
- 3Place 1/2 of the asparagus in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped eggs. and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper over all.
- 4Top with remaining asparagus. Sprinkle the remaining chopped eggs along the center portion of the asparagus.
- 5Pour the cream sauce down the middle of the baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese. Dot uncovered portions of asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 6Bake, covered, and 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 3-5 minutes longer or until topping is browned. Served immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 517.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g