Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very comforting warm apple side dish. This is very good in the fall and winter to go with just about any main dish. It's a real favorite with my kids and I usually have to double it to have enough.
- 6 cups apples (peeled & sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish with butter.
- Put the apples in the dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are soft.
Recipe is easy to prepare. My husband and I pretty much ate every bite. So..oo Good! I used Granny Smith apples.
Delish! I used 6 small Fuji apples and after I greased the pan, I added about a half a tablespoon of extra butter to it. I also put all of the dry ingredients and then added the apples into a zip-loc type baggie and shook it to mix it well. I poured it all into the pan and cooked it covered loosely with foil, stirring about half way through cooking. Cooked about an hour, until apples were tender. Served over pan fried pork chops. My family RAVED!
It was ok it's not what I expected it to be.