Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This can be eaten as a side dish or dessert. It can be eaten as a weeknight or for thanksgiving. I got this recipe from a bag of pepperidge farm stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced
- Combine butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, zest and pecans and stuffing mix.
- Combine apples, cranberry sauce and juice.
- mix half of stuffing mixture into apples.
- spread into a buttered casserole dish.
- sprinkle rest of stuffing mixture over top.
- bake on 375 for 40 minutes.