Chef #1137864's Note:
this is one of my family's favorites. the only thing we need to buy when we're in the mood for this is the scallops! everything else is pretty cheap and can usually be found in your pantry. it's simple, delicious, and very filling (while still being nice to your waist-line!) PERFECT FOR PESCATARIANS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb fresh sea scallops (rinsed and patted dry) or 1 -2 lb frozen sea scallops (rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 shallots or 1 medium white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup flour (or enough to lightly coat the scallops)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine (AVOID SALTY COOKING WINE!)
- 1/4 cup light cream or 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, for searing the scallops
- 2 -3 pinches italian seasoning
- 2 -3 pinches dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt (plus more of salting pasta water)
- freshly cracked black pepper (3-4 grinds)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley (for garnish)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1first, get your sautee pan ready. it's best to use a deeper sautee pan, or slightly larger frying pan (to hold sauce). fill another pot with water over medium-high heat for your pasta. add oil to sautee pan and heat the pan over medium heat.
- 2lightly coat your rinsed scallops in the flour. once the pan is hot, carefully place the scallops in the pan. REMEMBER: the less you touch them, the better browning you get!
- 3leave scallops alone for a few minutes until they are golden on the bottom. (flip a scallop over to test) cook on other side for another 4 minutes. remove scallops once they are firm and golden. set aside on plate with a paper towel.
- 4drain some of the left over olive oil and add the garlic and onions (if you're not using a non-stick pan, this will help scrape the yummy drippings on the bottom!) sautee the garlic and onions until slightly transparent and add: italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 5when your water is boiling, HEAVILY salt the water and add pasta. stir to avoide sticking.
- 6add the wine to the onion mixture and reduce heat to low. cover pan. leave covered for about 5-7 minutes.
- 7when the sauce is slightly bubbling, add the cream and keep stirring. add a couple ladle-fulls of pasta water to the sauce to get an even creamier consistency. add scallops back into sauce and turn heat off.
- 8once pasta is cooked, drain immediately and plate.
- 9ladle equal amounts on each plate and distribute the scallops (don't be too greedy!). sprinkle with parsely and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 10you can squeeze some fresh lemons for a nice spritz. enjoy!
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Scampi - Creamy Style
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 1948.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: