Recipe by Chocolatl
Okay, they're not really rumaki, but they're good anyway. From Southern Living. Don't eat the toothpicks!
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 toothpicks
- fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave bacon on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes, or until partially cooked but still flexible.
- Top each scallop with some of the onion and ginger.
- Drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill scallops on grill tray 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Or broil 3 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.