Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
Okay, they're not really rumaki, but they're good anyway. From Southern Living. Don't eat the toothpicks!
- Microwave bacon on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes, or until partially cooked but still flexible.
- Top each scallop with some of the onion and ginger.
- Drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill scallops on grill tray 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Or broil 3 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
Terrific recipe! Simple and quick to make, and delicious - loved the ginger. I used ready-to-eat bacon which made this even simpler. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
p.s. I already posted my (rave) review, but I forgot to say what I did....
I mixed the ginger, onions and lemon juice, adding crushed garlic and a little e.v. olive oil, in a bowl, tossed in the scallops and marinated them for a few minutes while cooking the bacon. Then I threaded them onto short satay sticks (3 per stick) and grilled them on the bbq. Served on a lettuce leaf.
DH actually decided to pull out the stick and wrap them in the lettuce leaf and munch as a healthy wrap! Wonderful!
Very good and quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!