Recipe by Derf
A fabulous starter dish.
Top Review by Elizabeth Fullerton
I made this recipe for my birthday. I've never made risotto before and must admit to being intimidated by it. This recipe was easy to follow and the taste was excellent. I didn't have any regular champagne on hand, so I used a red spumanti. It worked fine
- 4 green onions
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (regular or no-salt)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 3⁄4 cup Brut champagne
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince green onions, separating white parts and tops, set aside.
- Place broth in a small saucepan, bring a simmer, do not boil.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add butter and white parts of onions, cook until tender.
- Add rice, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add champagne, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup warm broth, cook 5 minutes,stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in onion tops, water, and scallops, cook an additional 5 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Rice will be slightly firm.
- Serve immediately.