A fabulous starter dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mince green onions, separating white parts and tops, set aside.
- 2Place broth in a small saucepan, bring a simmer, do not boil.
- 3Keep warm over low heat.
- 4Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- 5Add butter and white parts of onions, cook until tender.
- 6Add rice, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add champagne, bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- 9Add 1/2 cup warm broth, cook 5 minutes,stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- 10Add remaining broth, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 11Stir in onion tops, water, and scallops, cook an additional 5 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- 12Rice will be slightly firm.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Risotto With Champagne
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g