Recipe by pines506
I love scallops this way. Great brunch recipe. The cook time includes both the time to pre-bake the crust and the final baking time.
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup raw bay scallops or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sea scallops, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- thyme, to taste
- 3 tablespoons crumbled crisp bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pie shell at 425F for 15-20 minutes, until the bottom is set and the edges are slightly browned.
- Then brush with beaten egg yolk and bake another 2 minutes to seal the crust.
- Arrange the scallops in the pastry.
- Blend the heavy cream and eggs together to make a custard mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme and bacon.
- Pour over scallops.
- Bake at 350°F until the custard is barely set, about 30 minutes.
- A knife inserted at the center should come out clean.
- Note: Do not overcook or the custard will curdle and become watery.