Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Can't get any easier than this!!! The scallop mixture can be frozen ahead of time, then assembled on the day of your party.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb scallops, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely minced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- 1 cup swiss cheese (or Gruyere cheese)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- fresh pepper
- 1 baguette, cut and lightly toasted
- Cut the baguette into thin rounds and lightly toast. Set aside. (or cut rounds from sandwich bread and toast).
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the scallops, lemon zest and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until the scallops are just barely cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the dill and cook 30 seconds longer. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the cheese, mayonnaise and pepper to the scallop mixture and stir to combine well. Chill in a covered bowl until ready to use. (Can freeze at this point.)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the toast rounds 1/2" apart on a baking sheet. Top each round with a heaping tsp of the scallop mixture. Broil the puffs 5" from the heat until puffed and golded, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.