Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. FABULOUS! I was on vacation and was making this but didn't have lemon. Subbed in 6 large tomatoes and served it over angel hair and it was heaven!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, devided
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (I use 6)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet vermouth
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- Heat a large cast iron skilled over high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper over scallops. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to pan; swirl to coat. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chopped garlic to pan; cook 10 seconds. Add vermouth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat. Add parsley, fresh lemon juice, butter and capers, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons EVOO in pan over medium-high heath. Add spinach; saute 30 seconds or until spinach almost wilts. Drizzle sauce over scallops; serve with spinach.