Recipe by GG #3
Superfine spaghetti squash and delicate scallops are coated with light lemon, white wine & caper sauce. Serve it with asparagus!
Top Review by chieromancer
Came out ok, but a few problems. 1. The first instructions is boil a pot of water? What for? In case you have a baby? 2. Tasted very winey. Next time I'd reduce the wine to 1/4 cup, and reduce the sauce longer. 3. What are you supposed to saute the garlic in? Oil? Butter? That's what's missing-butter! Mushrooms wouldn't be bad, either. 4. You really don't have to transfer the scallops to a plate. Keep them in the fry pan. Save on cleaning. 5. Cook the squash first, well in advance.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup garlic (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook spaghetti squash in an oven @ 450 degrees until mushy. Scoop pulp out when cool enough to handle.
- Whisk wine and clam juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, capers stir, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the spaghetti squash and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.