Recipe by Manami
"Superfine angel hair and delicate scallops are coated with a light lemon, white wine and caper sauce. Make it a Meal: Serve with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc and Asparagus with Anchovies & Garlic." Found on Eating Well Newsletter, May/07. We made this for Live Strong Day - the sauce is very lemony just like with the veal - and it is just wonderful!
Top Review by gypsygal
"I Love A Flexible Recipe"! This one is a "keeper"! Don't have Sea Scallops? Use Bay Scallops like I did. - Don't have Clam Juice? Use a 6.5 oz can of Chopped Clams, for the juice, like I did. I followed the rest of the instructions for your recipe. (Bay Scallops need less time on high heat) I added the chopped clams before serving. (Just warmed them up) The combinations of scallops and clams with your super sauce was "fantastic". Served with Asparagus and a green salad. Even the leftover was "delish". Thank you for a new favorite.
- 1 lb dry sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (not that bottled stuff!)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Whisk wine, clam juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, capers and butter; cook until the butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 1 minute.
- Stir in parsley and serve immediately.