Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
The thing about traditional paella is that it is basically a meal made of your left overs...so here is mine
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- butter or margarine
- 4 slices salami, cut into eights (3 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb sea scallops, washed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 -2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (garnish) (optional)
- parsley (garnish) (optional)
- In a heavy, medium size saucepan with tight fitting cover, combine 2 1/4 cups cold water with the rice, 1 tsp salt, the thyme and 1 Tbs butter.
- Bring to boiling, uncovered.
- Reduce heat, simmer covered 15- 20 minutes or util rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In 2 Tbs butter in large skillet add onion and cook until just beginning to turn translucent, then add scallops.
- Saute scallops 5 minutes, turning.
- Add green and red pepper, saute stirring, until pepper and scallops are tender-about 5 minutes Add cooked rice and the salami to scallop mixture.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.