If you've ever seen Scottish eggs, this is the seafood version of it. Eat with a nice dry cider - either main course for two or starters for four. The recipe is from the London fish restaurant called Livebait.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400°F.
- 2Chop the onion, parsley and garlic finely, seed and chop the chilies. Soften everything in a frying pan with 10 ml of the olive oil.
- 3Rinse the sausages and you find that the skins will come off easily. Mix the sausage meat with the onion mixture, add some nutmeg and 20 ml cream.
- 4Strip the corals from the scallops and save them. Dry the scallops carefully and encase inside balls of sausagemeat. Brown in a frying pan to seal - this might require some practice to keep the ball-shaped and shut.
- 5Transfer to the oven and finish cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- 6For the sauce, finely chop the shallors and soften them in the remaining 10 ml olive oil, add corals and paprika and cook ubntil everything is beginning to colour.
- 7Add the stock and reduce by half.
- 8Add the wine and reduce by two thirds.
- 9Liquidise with a blender, and return to the pan.
- 10Thin the sauce with the remaining cream, adjust the seasoning and serve with the scallops.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1017.7
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 1548.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 45.2 g