Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you've ever seen Scottish eggs, this is the seafood version of it. Eat with a nice dry cider - either main course for two or starters for four. The recipe is from the London fish restaurant called Livebait.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400°F.
- Chop the onion, parsley and garlic finely, seed and chop the chilies. Soften everything in a frying pan with 10 ml of the olive oil.
- Rinse the sausages and you find that the skins will come off easily. Mix the sausage meat with the onion mixture, add some nutmeg and 20 ml cream.
- Strip the corals from the scallops and save them. Dry the scallops carefully and encase inside balls of sausagemeat. Brown in a frying pan to seal - this might require some practice to keep the ball-shaped and shut.
- Transfer to the oven and finish cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- For the sauce, finely chop the shallors and soften them in the remaining 10 ml olive oil, add corals and paprika and cook ubntil everything is beginning to colour.
- Add the stock and reduce by half.
- Add the wine and reduce by two thirds.
- Liquidise with a blender, and return to the pan.
- Thin the sauce with the remaining cream, adjust the seasoning and serve with the scallops.