Warning! I have it upon good authority that this recipe just really is NOT GOOD. I posted it in good faith, having loved recipes by Lucy Waverman many times before. But sadly, this is not one that stands the test! Prepare at your peril, it's really no a good recipe. Don't waste your money on the scallops for this one :( Original Intro was: A sexy appetizer served in Martini glasses. Eat the scallops and drink the spicy Martini. Great for a dinner with that special someone, or for a dinner party. Cooking time is marinating time. Another recipe by Lucy Waverman at Food and Drink. I am secretly posting this in honor of my wonderful friend Potsie, he'll find this recipe at some point :)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka, good quality, such as Grey Goose
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 large fresh scallops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs coriander
- Combine vodka, lime juice and jalapeño pepper in bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Sear about 2 minutes per side or until scallops are browned on the outside but still raw in the centre.
- Place scallops on board and cut into quarters and add to vodka mixture. Let marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir in peppers and green onions.
- Divide scallop mixture between 4 Martini glasses adding some marinade. Garnish with coriander. Serve at once.