1/2 Photos of Scallop Martinis
4 hrs 10 mins
Warning! I have it upon good authority that this recipe just really is NOT GOOD. I posted it in good faith, having loved recipes by Lucy Waverman many times before. But sadly, this is not one that stands the test! Prepare at your peril, it's really no a good recipe. Don't waste your money on the scallops for this one :( Original Intro was: A sexy appetizer served in Martini glasses. Eat the scallops and drink the spicy Martini. Great for a dinner with that special someone, or for a dinner party. Cooking time is marinating time. Another recipe by Lucy Waverman at Food and Drink. I am secretly posting this in honor of my wonderful friend Potsie, he'll find this recipe at some point :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vodka, good quality, such as Grey Goose
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 large fresh scallops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 1Combine vodka, lime juice and jalapeño pepper in bowl.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Sear about 2 minutes per side or until scallops are browned on the outside but still raw in the centre.
- 3Place scallops on board and cut into quarters and add to vodka mixture. Let marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- 4Stir in peppers and green onions.
- 5Divide scallop mixture between 4 Martini glasses adding some marinade. Garnish with coriander. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Martinis
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g