Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
----This was an entry in RSC #10.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil. Wash and drain scallops; pat dry, and sauté until lightly browned. Remove from pan and put aside.
- In same skillet with scallop juices and remaining butter and oil, sauté onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, tomato, and capers. Cook about 2 minutes longer until heated through. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and swiss cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Generously grease a 10-inch pie pan (or a 2 quart casserole dish); sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Arrange scallops on bottom.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and firm, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Slice in wedges and serve hot.
I loved this recipe! I served it with a salad and muffins for a wonderful Sunday Brunch! This will be made again (and again) :) Good Luck in the contest!