Recipe by SarasotaCook
Now I love to serve this as a light appetizer or as a starter salad. This is amazing served with fresh mango, red pepper and served over fresh arugula. Served with a baquette toasted with melted gooey havarti cheese. Or you can really use your favorite. Use what you have at hand. This is just a nice change from the every day lettuce, tomato, onion, etc ... SALAD. Besides what a impact for a dinner party or a nice dinner for a friend or your significant other.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup citrus juice, but if you only have 1 1 lemon and 1 lime. So inexpensive and so easy, it is worth the flavor (I like to use 1/3 lemon, 1/3 lime and 1/3 orange) or 2 that will work. the combination really adds a good flavor and fresh really is the only way to go. ju oranges, 1 lemon and 1 lime. So inexpensive and so easy, it is worth the flavor
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to finish off the dish
- 1 mango, cut in thin slices
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and then very thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced red pepper
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 5 ounces arugula (1 bag of arugula. Dole or any name brand will work)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, thin sliced
- 1 slice havarti cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade -- Slice the mango and onion and add them to a small baking dish. Then add the citrus juice, red pepper flakes and toss lightly to coat. Cover with plastic wrap for 20-30 minutes.
- Scallops -- Slice the scallops into thin slices and add to the citrus marinade for another 5 minutes.
- Salad -- Add the thin red pepper and avacado to the arugula and toss. Plate the salad on a plate and top with the cerviche. Pour the extra marinade over the greens along with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh ground black pepper. Now that is a salad!
- Grill or bake some baguette slices and top with a slice of havarti cheese and toast until melted. Serve with the cerviche salad.