Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Found this clipping tucked inside one of my cookbooks. This casserole can be made ahead, covered and kept at room temperature. Reheat at 350F/180C for 15-20 minutes.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 2 cups asparagus tips, diced
- 1 cup scallion, chopped (spring onions in UK)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 lbs sea scallops, sliced in 2-3 pieces each
- 1 cup light cream (single cream in UK)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cook pasta al dente. Drain and place in shallow casserole dish.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat butter and oil and add asparagus and scallions. Saute about four minutes.
- Add stock and sherry and simmer for five minutes. Add mushrooms and scallops and simmer another five minutes.
- Add cream and parmesan and stir. Add to pasta in casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.