Elly in Canada's Note:
A simple recipe, yet good enough for company! An adaptation of a prize winning recipe submitted by Joan Ivey from Nova Scotia, Saltscapes magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring medium-size saucepan of water to a boil, add scallops.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for no more than 3 to 5 minutes, depends on the size of the scallops.
- 3Drain immediately and place scallops into a medium-size buttered casserole; set aside.
- 4In the saucepan, melt butter.
- 5Add onion, celery and mushrooms; saute until onions are translucent and most of moisture has evaporated.
- 6Combine soup and milk and add to the vegetables.
- 7Pour soup mixture over scallops in the casserole; season with pepper, stir gently.
- 8Spread fresh breadcrumbs over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 1238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 38.2 g