1/1 Photo of Scallop Burger Sliders With a Cilantro-Lime Mayo
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These were served at Paula Deen's 60th birthday party. Recipe courtesy Libbie Summers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 mini hamburger buns or 12 soft dinner rolls
- 1In a small skillet saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent. Cool.
- 2Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand. Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Add in the cooled onions.
- 3Cook's Note: Mixture should not be too loose. If necessary, add a bit more flour or another egg.
- 4Shape the mixture into small burgers, approximately 2 inches in diameter. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallop sliders and cook until browned and cooked through. Place on small soft dinner rolls and top with a bit of Cilantro Mayo. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 6Cilantro Lime Mayo: Blend all ingredients in food processor except mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until cilantro is fine. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- 7Cook's Note: This sauce is good with any seafood or fish, especially salmon. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Burger Sliders With a Cilantro-Lime Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.5
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 3267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: