Recipe by Bobbie
The marinade is a real compliment to the sweetness of the scallops. You can also make this with shrimp/prawns (or a combination of the scallops and shrimp)
- 1 lb sea scallops (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Halve large scallops (you should have about 20 pieces).
- Place scallops in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In a small bowl combine oil, sherry, mustard, honey, and soy sauce. Pour over the scallops. Close bag; marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain the scallops, discarding the marinade. Thread scallops on long metal skewers (If using scallops and shrimp, thread a scallop in the "curl" of each shrimp).
- Grill on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over med. heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops and/or shrimp are opaque; turning once.
- (Prep time includes marinating time).