Recipe by Bergy
Nice quick scallop recipe, looks great
Top Review by Lorac
Scallops baked with lemon and butter, topped with a mixture of green onions, thyme, bread crumbs and Parmesan and then browned under the broiler. A delicious combination of sweet scallops enhanced with lemon juice and a savory crumb topping. The recipe is missing a step as to when to add the green onions, but it seemed logical to use them to top the baked scallops before adding the crumb mixture. The next time, I won't soak the scallops in milk, I think they lost a bit a flavor as a result. Thanks Bergy, this goes to the top of my list for scallop recipes.
- 1 lb scallops, if large cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the scallops in milk for 10 minutes, drain& dry well.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put scallops in a baking dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Bake for apprx 5 minutes or until the scallops are opaque.
- Meanwhile mix the crumbs, green onions, thyme and cheese together.
- Sprinkle over the scallops broil for apprx 2 minutes or until the crumbs& cheese are golden.
- Cool before serving.