Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
A recipe from Coup de Pouce
Make and share this Scallop and Veggies Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g small scallops (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar or 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sugar snap pea, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin slices
- 118.29 ml green onion, cut in slices
- 269.32 g can miniature corn cobs, drained and rinced
- 473.18 ml napa cabbage, cut in thin slices
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach, torn
- Rince the scallops and pat dry with paper towel. In a small bowl, mix orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil at medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook, while stirring, for about 2 minutes or until opaque. Set aside on a plate.
- In the skillet, add remaining vegetable oil, sugar snap-peas, bell pepper and green onion, cook, while stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until veggies are tender but still crunchy. Add the scallops, mini corn and the mixture of orange juice and cook, while stirring, for 1 minute or until hot. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix napa cabbage and spinach. Add the scallops mixture and stir to coat well. Serve.
Love the colors and contrasts in texture in this recipe! What I didn't like was how quickly the scallop mixture cooled when mixing with the napa cabbage and spinach. Immediately the dish became luck-warm, and I like most things either cold or hot. While the flavors are very nice in this, I think next time I'll throw the cabbage/spinach mix into the skillet and heat it up, or remove the scallop/veggie mix from the skillet and refrigerate it before serving.....so I can eat it either hot or cold. But that is a personal preference. The flavors are very nice as posted. Made for Photo Tag!