Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Serve this speedy and tasty saute over your favorite pasta with a green salad and some crusty bread for a great meal. Cooking Light magazine.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallops to pan and cook for 2 min on each side.
- Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and cook 1 min or until lightly browned.
- Drain and 1/2 cup of the liquid from the tomatoes. Add tomatoes and remaining liquid to pan. Crush the tomatoes slightly with a spoon and cook 2 minute.
- Add wine, parsley, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, capers, red pepper, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 minute.
- Add the scallops back to the pan and cook 1 min or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese and serve over your fave pasta.