Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pastries are perfect for an elegant dinner party or special occasion. Although the list of ingredients is fairly long, they aren't difficult to put together. Very tasty.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry white vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 16 large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 8 sea scallops, split horizontally
- Preheat oven to 500^F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter.
- Add shallots and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- Add cream, vermouth, and broth.
- Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 12 minutes.
- Mix in mustard and vinegar and then the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Roll out 1 pastry sheet to a 12 inch square and cut into 4 six inch squares.
- Place 1/8 of spinach mixture on bottom half of each square and top with 2 shrimp and 2 scallop halves.
- Brush pastry edges with water.
- Fold over top half of each square to form a rectangle.
- Press edges together with a fork and place on a large baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining spinach puff pastry, spinach mixture, shrimps and scallops.
- Bake pastries 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 375^F.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes until pastries are golden brown and puffed.
- Serve warm.