These pastries are perfect for an elegant dinner party or special occasion. Although the list of ingredients is fairly long, they aren't difficult to put together. Very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 16 large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 8 sea scallops, split horizontally
- 1Preheat oven to 500^F.
- 2In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter.
- 3Add shallots and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- 4Add cream, vermouth, and broth.
- 5Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 12 minutes.
- 6Mix in mustard and vinegar and then the spinach.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- 8Roll out 1 pastry sheet to a 12 inch square and cut into 4 six inch squares.
- 9Place 1/8 of spinach mixture on bottom half of each square and top with 2 shrimp and 2 scallop halves.
- 10Brush pastry edges with water.
- 11Fold over top half of each square to form a rectangle.
- 12Press edges together with a fork and place on a large baking sheet.
- 13Repeat with remaining spinach puff pastry, spinach mixture, shrimps and scallops.
- 14Bake pastries 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 375^F.
- 15Bake an additional 15 minutes until pastries are golden brown and puffed.
- 16Serve warm.
You Might Also Like...View All Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop and Shrimp Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.9
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 309.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar