- 12 bay scallops or 12 sea scallops
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- white pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons defatted reduced-sodium chicken broth
- rosemary, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak scallops for 1 hour in water or 20 minutes in milk.
- Pat scallops dry.
- Position scallops and shrimp on wood skewers, add pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
- Roll skewer in flour and saute in a nonstick skillet in oil and margarine mixture until brown on each side.
- Serve with a tomato sauce of fresh tomatoes, onions and garlic sauteed in broth and rosemary.