Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Easy yet impressive seafood salad, adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. I make the dressing and boil the potatoes the night before, then complete the recipe the next day just before serving. Preparation time does not include cooling time. I generally make with fresh chives from my herb garden in the summer and with my seafood seasoning mixture in the winter.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb sea scallops, halved horizontally or 1 lb bay scallop
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared hot mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, mixture (Recipe #99882) or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- For best results, make dressing a few hours ahead of time to let flavors blend: whisk together vinegar through hot mustard; whisk in mayonnaise and cream; mix in chives or seafood seasoning; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes approximately 12 minutes until just tender; drain potatoes and let cool. Cut each potato crosswise into 4 slices.
- In large skillet over high heat, sauté potatoes in 2 tablespoons oil approximately 2 minutes until golden; transfer to plate with a slotted spoon.
- In same skillet, sauté scallops approximately 1 minute per side until just cooked through.
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with enough vinaigrette to coat; transfer to plates. Arrange scallops and potatoes on top of greens and drizzle rest of vinaigrette over scallops and potatoes.