Recipe by StrikingEyes00
It's time to do some grilling! (You could also cook these on a griddle if you don't have a grill). If you love scallops and love pineapples, you'll LOVE this recipe :) ENJOY! Note: Preparation includes 15 minute marinating time.
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 16 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 16 large fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut in 8 chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, combine lime peel and juice, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Whisk in oil and set aside.
- Combine scallops pineapple, and avocado. Toss with 2 Tbsp of the dressing; reserve remaining.
- Marinate 15 minutes; stirring often.
- Thread pieces on four 12-inch skewers.
- Grill on greased rack directly over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, turn, and heat 4 more minutes.
- Serve with remaining dressing.