Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe on a package of vermicelli. Looks simple and delicious.
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, cut in 1/2 pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces bay scallops (or shrimp)
- 1 large tomatoes
- Cook vermicelli as package directs drain.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside. Drain reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add bell pepper, green onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add scallops and cook 3 minutes or until done. Add tomato; heat through.
- Toss with vermicelli and reserved bacon.
- Makes 6 (1 cup) servings.