Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
this makes a great first course, or serve it with french bread and a salad for a light meal
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups corn
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, diced
- 3 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb bay scallop
- salt, pepper
- in a heavy pot cook bacon until crisp, remove to paper towels.
- add leeks, garlic and thyme to pot, saute.
- add corn, add potatoes, clam juice, and cream, bring to a boil, lower to simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender add scallops and bacon, simmer 5 minutes.
- season with salt and pepper.
Yum! This was really great and enjoyed by both my fiance and me and so easy to make. I didn't have any heavy cream so I used 2 cups of half and half, but I don't think it changed the recipe much. I also made it a day ahead of time, which I always do for fish chowder or lobster stew. It was really great! I will be making this again, maybe add more bacon next time, but we love bacon so thats a personal preference. Great recipe chia, thanks!